Admissions Rules and Documents
Admission requirements and Application process
Below is a short version of application checklist, which can be found on both RISEBA and BA School of Business and Finance websites. If the documents are issued in another language than English, provide certified translations. Applicants who have acquired a postgraduate degree in a different scientific field must have at least 2 years of experience in business administration, public administration or education administration, as well as sufficient knowledge of management. Applications will be evaluated by the Admission Board, which reserves the right to recommend applicants additional courses (if necessary).
STEP 1: DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
To apply for studies you will need the following documents:
· Bachelor’s Degree Diploma and Master’s Degree Diploma + transcript of records from previous studies (these documents should be translated into English or Russian and the translation should be notary attested)
· ID or passport copy
· Proof of English skills: IELTS 6.5+ or equivalent (required to apply for studies in English)
· A report on the theme of a promotional thesis (up to 10 pages)
· List and copies of research publications if applicable
· Motivation letter
· Curriculum Vitae (CV)
· 2 identical photographs (3x4 cm)
If you have a foreign qualification and you want to continue studies in Latvia, you should submit to the Academic Information Centre (AIC) the originals or certified copies of your educational document and diploma supplement (transcript of records). AIC evaluates the level of your qualification compared to the Latvian educational system and issues its statement. See also: http://www.aic.lv/portal/en/arvalstu-diplomu-atzisana/academic-recognition-of-foreign-qualifications.
All applicants are required to pay the non-refundable application fee of 200 EUR along with their application.
Documents regarding applicant’s previous education will be transferred to Latvian Academic Information Centre for verification.
Applications to the doctoral programme can be submitted by persons having Master’s degree in social sciences or persons with Master’s degree in humanitarian and technical sciences if they have at least a 2-year experience in Business Administration, Public Management or Management of Educational and have sufficient knowledge in the field of Management sciences.
Foreign applicants must have education that is equivalent to the Master’s degree* in Latvia. Conformity of the degree is determined by experts of the Centre of Academic Information.
* If the level of education obtained abroad is not equal to the level of Master's education recognized in Latvia, the applicants can apply for shortened RISEBA Master's study program and obtain a recognized Latvian diploma that can be further admitted to the doctoral program.
RISEBA Master's Study Programs in English: http://www.riseba.lv/en/postgraduate-programmes
Pay the application and diploma verification fees by bank transfer:
Amount: 200 EUR*
Subject: Application fee, name and surname of the applicant, date of birth of the applicant
LLC „RISEBA University of Business, Arts and Technology”
Address: 3 Meza Street, Riga, LV-1048, Latvia
Registration No: 40003090010
Bank: JSC Swedbank
Swiftcode: S.W.I.F.T. HABALV22
Remember that you are responsible for paying all additional fees associated with the money transfer so that the final amount received by RISEBA is 200 EUR*.
* Fees for the academic year 2020/2021.
STEP 2: APPLY ONLINE
International applicants who have all the required documents are welcome to apply for studies: