Dr. chem. Ilmars Kreituss
Associated professor Ilmars Kreituss is the Vice-Rector and Chairman of the Senate of RISEBA University (Riga, Latvia).
Ilmars Kreituss graduated University of Latvia (Riga, Latvia), received his PhD in Physical chemistry (radiation chemistry) and worked as an assistant professor for University of Latvia and made his postdoctoral research at the University of Notre Dame (USA).
Later he turned to banking and finance field. He holds a professional banker ’s certificate from The Chartered Institute of Bankers (UK). Ilmars Kreituss subsequently spent 15 years in the executive positions in banks and asset management companies and then returned back to the educational field.
Apart from his administrative responsibilities for RISEBA University, he teaches courses in banking and finance, is an active mentor in RISEBA Creative Business incubator and takes part in various projects.
His fields of expertise are banking and finance, non-bank finance institutions, P2P platforms, fin-tech companies and start-up ecosystem.
Dr.Chem. Ilmars Kreituss
Asoc.prof. at RISEBA University of Business, Arts and Technology
Address: Meza str. 3, Riga, LV-1048 (Latvia)
2015 – Present Associated Professor at RISEBA University, Riga (Latvia)
2010 – Present Vice Rector RISEBA University, Riga (Latvia)
2009 – 2010 Vice Rector at BA School of Business and Finance
1995 – 2008 Vice President, head of regions and branches at SEB Bank
1994 – 1995 Vice President at Banka Baltija
1989 – 1994 Chairmen of the Council at Central district Council of Riga city
1970 – 1989 Assistant professor at University of Latvia, Department of Chemistry
Education and training
1995 – 1997
Professional Banking Certificate obtained from The Chartered Institute of Bankers, London & BA School of Business and Finance
PhD Degree, physical chemistry
1983 – 1984
Postdoctoral research and studies at University of Notre Dame, USA
1975 – 1976
Improving of qualification at Moscow State University, Department of Improving Qualification
1968 – 1973
Master's degree obtained from University of Latvia, Department of Chemistry
1. I.Kreituss, B.Rokjane „Factors Influencing Consumers ‘Bank Selection”, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Business Management ICOBM’17, November 15-17, 2017, Girne, Cyprus.
2. I.Cirule, S.A.M. Grama, I.Ludviga, I.Kreituss. „Open Innovation Strategies and Business Incubation Service Impact on the Success of Incubation”. Proceedings of the 2017 International Conference „Economic Science for Rural Development”, 27-28 April 2017, No 44 Jelgava, LLU ESAF, pp. 36-43.
3. I.Kreituss, I.Cirule. „Integration of alternative startup financial sources concept into academic and university business incubation programs”. Proceedings of 9th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation, November 14-16,2016., Seville, Spain. Published by IATED Academy, ISBN:978-84-617-5895-1. ISSN:234-1095. Depsito Legal:V-2569-2016
4. I.Kreituss. „Non-recourse Mortgage Lending and Support of Borrowers as Credit Market Heat-up Instruments”. Proceedings of XXV AEDEM International Conference „People, Source of Innovation and Value Creation in the Organization”, September 1-2, 2016. European Academic Publishers, p.275-288. ISBN: 978-84-617-4083-3 NO COMERCIAL | EDITORIAL: European Academic Publisher
5. J.Mihailovs, I.Kreituss. “Optimal risk/return trade-off of the second pillar pension plans in Latvia.” Journal of Business Management, Nr.9, 2015 p.74-97.
6. I. Kreituss, L. Seimuškāne, K. Timmermanis. „Rīgas Centra rajona vadība 1989.–1991.gadā.” LR ZA rakstu krājums ” Vietējo padomju loma Latvijas neatkarības atgūšanā. Raksti, atmiņas, dokumenti un fotogrāfijas.” ISBN 978-9934-8515-1-3, Rīga: Latvijas Zinātņu akadēmijas Baltijas Stratēģisko pētījumu centrs, 2015, 69-94 lpp.
7. I.Kreituss, M.Pavare. “National Currency Changeover to Euro: Case of Micro Enterprises of Trading Sector.” Proceedings of 14th EBES Conference, Barcelona, October 23-25,2014. Vol.3.,p.1999-2012
8. I.Kreituss, D.Neimane. “Impact of Financial Market Regulation onto Non-bank lenders Market Concentration.” Proceedings of the 7-th International Conference “ An Enterprise Odyssey: Leadership, Innovation and Development for Responsible Economy”. University of Zagreb, Zadar, Croatia, June 4-7, 2014, p.79-80. ISBN-13,978-953-6025-91-6; ISBN-13,978-953-6025-92-3
9. I.Kreituss, D.Neimane. “Impact of Financial Market Regulation on Fast Loan Lending in Latvia”. Journal of Business Management, Nr.8, 2014, p.120-132. Bizness pāri robežām, sast. T.Volkova, I.Kreituss 5.5.nod. Jaunās pārrobežu uzņēmējdarbības formas.;-Rīga LU Akadēmiskais apgāds, 2010.-184 lp. ISBN 978-9984-45-164-0
1. 2nd International Conference on Business Management ICOBM’17, November 15-17, 2017, Girne, Cyprus. I.Kreituss, B.Rokjane „Factors Influencing Consumers ‘Bank Selection”. International Scientific Conference “ Emerging Trends in Economics, Culture and Humanities”, April 26-28, 2017, Riga, Latvia:
2. I.Cirule, I..Kreituss. The University Business Incubators Service Utilization-research results from Latvia. 10th Annual Scientific Baltic Business Management Conference ASBBMC “ Sustainable Organisations: Creating and Managing in Turbulent Business Environment”, April 27-29, 2017, Riga, Latvia:
3. B.Rokjane, I..Kreituss. Determinants of Bank Selection in Latvia: A Customer View. International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation”, November 14-16, 2016, Seville, Spain.
4. I.Kreituss, I.Cirule. „Integration of alternative startup financial sources concept into academic and university business incubation programs”. XXV AEDEM International Conference „People, Source of Innovation and Value Creation in the Organization”, September 1-2, 2016, Riga, Latvia.
5. I.Kreituss. „Non-recourse Mortgage Lending and Support of Borrowers as Credit Market Heat-up Instruments”. Joint International Conferences „ Knowledge, Innovation and Technology Across Borders: Developing the Research Agenda” and „Entrepreneurship and Regional Development” June 27-29, 2016, Tallinn, Estonia.
6. I.Cirule, I.Kreituss. „University Business Incubation Key Success Factors – Case Study from Latvia”. VI International Scientific Conference „ 21st Century Challenges for Economics and Culture”, April 7-8, 2016, Riga, Latvia.
7. I.Cirule, I.Kreituss. „The importance of entrepreneurship Education in business incubation at higher educational institutions in Latvia.” Annual Scientific Baltic Business Management Conference ASBBMC “ Challenges of Business Sustainability in the Digital Age”, April 21-23, 2016, Riga, Latvia
8. I.Kreituss, L.Pintane. „Impact of State Support Instruments on Mortgage Lending”. 9. Annual Scientific Baltic Business Management Conference ASBBMC “ Challenges of Business Sustainability in the Digital Age”, April 21-23, 2016, Riga, Latvia
9. I.Gudele, ICirule, I..Kreituss. „The role of Social Network – ewom in University Business Incubator’s Start-up development in Latvia. 17th EBES Conference - Venice, October 15-17,2054, Venice, Italy.
10. I.Kreituss, “Collective financing platforms - alternative to bank funding in early stages of entrepreneurship. International Conference "Information Society and Modern Business. Modern Trends in Business: Globalization vs Localization", April 23-24, 2015, Ventspils, Latvia.
11. I.Kreituss, I.Beizītere „Bank Funding in Early Stages of Entrepreneurship". International Conference "Business and Uncertainty: Challenges for Emerging Markets. “April 24-25, 2014, Riga, Latvia.
12. I.Kreituss. „Concentration of quick loan lenders market during post-crisis uncertainty period in Latvia. 7-th International Conference “ An Enterprise Odyssey: Leadership, Innovation and Development for Responsible Economy”. University of Zagreb, Zadar, Croatia, June 4-7, 2014.
13. I.Kreituss, D.Neimane. “Impact of Financial Market regulation onto Non-bank lenders Market Concentration. International Conference EIRD II „Entrepreneurship and Innovation as Key Drivers of Regional Development. ”Sept 18-19, 2014, Tartu, Estonia.
14. M.Gavare, I.Kreituss, I.Beizītere. “Start-up Funding from the Banks. Is it Possible?" 14th EBES Conference Barcelona, October 23-25,2014, Spain.
15. I.Kreituss, M.Pavare. “National Currency Changeover to Euro: Case of Micro Enterprises of Trading sector". 6th International Conference „In search of New Business solutions for Emerging Future.” April 25-27, 2013, Riga, Latvia.
16. D.Neimane, I.Kreituss. „Impact of Financial Market Regulation on Fast Loan Lending in Latvia.” International scientific conference „Education, sports and tourism in the prosperous epoch of the powerful state,” 12-14 November, 2013, Ashabad, Kazakhstan.
17. T.Vasiljeva, I.Kreituss „Determinative factors of e-learning environment implementation in the university”. International Conference of Accounting and Finance in Transition, Riga, October 2012.
18. I.Kreituss. “The main reasons of appearance of bad mortgage loans caused by economic crisis in Latvia”. 5th Int